Be Carful With The Spots On Your Carpet
Your New York office is a place that should always present your business in its best light. When your office looks dusty, has an unpleasant odor, or has stained carpets, it can be a problem for employees as well as business prospects. Office cleaning in NYC that is not done well may lead to less productivity from your workers as they may not be as motivated to continue to work efficiently. Business prospects may be turned off by your lack of care in how you present your business to the world leading to lost profits.
Your carpet is a great place to begin your clean up efforts for at least two reasons.
- Filthy carpets can cause allergies. Years of mold and mildew can build up onto carpets. Every step any person makes can cause the mold and mildew to unsettle itself causing clouds of dust. Reactions can be mild causing sneezing or runny nose. For others it may be more severe leading to an asthma attack.
- Filthy carpets make the wrong impression. When you walk into a room with a carpet that is full of stains, it makes you feel like you can’t place your personal belongings down for fear that something may crawl into your pockets.
Professional office cleaning in NYC is not that difficult to find. However, people often take it upon themselves to take on carpet spotting that can cause more problems than it is worth. Here are a few:
- Using the wrong cleaning solutions. Many people will use harsh chemicals that contain bleach, leaving your carpet discolored.
- Using products that leave behind a residue. There are many products on the market that are applied and never rinsed out. This leaves behind a residue that attracts more dirt making the stain even more noticeable.
- Using too much water. Carpets are not meant to be soaking wet. Once the carpet becomes wet, it becomes much more difficult to dry creating opportunities to create mold or brown spots that are difficult to remove.
- Using the wrong cleaning tools. Different carpet materials require different tools to clean it. Using the wrong tool can pull the carpet apart.
Office cleaning in NYC can be a breeze if you hire the right experts. The carpet in your office is often an investment that was meant to last much longer than just a few months. Do your part to ensure that the carpet lasts much longer than you thought possible by hiring professional carpet cleansers.
Be Carful With The Spots On Your Carpet
What do you do when you spill something that isn’t water onto your carpet or rug? Most people don’t have an answer to that question, and so when they try to fix the problem they end up making it worse (and sometimes even permanently damaged). For those working in an office there is a lot of movement and people. At some point something will get dropped or spilled, and you can’t expect your workers to know how to properly take care of the mess. If you own a home, and you only allow eating and drinking in the carpet less kitchen, then you don’t have to worry about spillage, but that is a very unlikely scenario. Spills at the home and office are common, and there are certain things you should not do in order to fix the problem.
One of the major issues that comes about when people try to clean their own carpets is that they use inappropriate solutions. Certain stains and certain types of carpeting require different and special cleaning supplies. If you happen to use a solution that has harsh chemicals (such as bleach, brighteners, or just a high PH) then you could permanently ruin the colors of your colored carpet. In a panic you might pick up a wrong cleaner, and so instead of fixing you are just making worse. There are even some chemical that will set the stain, making it impossible to get out. You need to use the right cleaning supplies for the specific job at hand.
A lot of people who try to clean their own stains use way too much water. There is a big issue with this. Over wetting can lead to problems outside of discoloration, as well as discoloration itself. If you over wet a carpet or rug, and you do not dry it properly, then you could be potentially creating dangerous mold. Once mold sets into your carpet then you will have to replace the section or the whole thing. This can be an expensive fix. Another issue with over wetting is the fact that dampness can lead to mildew and smells. Wet carpeting does not smell good. Too much water can also add brown spots or wick the materials. Too much watch can lead to many problems.
If you are scrubbing too hard, and you do not have the proper tools, then you can end up distorting the yarn or pile. This is irreversible. If you get the right office cleaning in NYC, New York then you will not have to worry about any of the above-mentioned problems.